With deceiving marketing strategies and lucrative offers, judging the right step bit for stainless steel is a long and hazy process. However, to make your life easier, our group of experts did the research and pulled together a list of the very bests in the entire market.
In this article, we’ll walk you through each of them with detailed reviews. Moreover, to aid you with the selection process, we also provide a descriptive buying guide. So let’s wait no more, and get into it!
Best step bit for stainless steel Reviews in 2022
- Durable & Sturdy W/Cobalt Added ----- Solid M35 molybdenum high speed construction with cobalt added for extra durability, close to impossible to snap compared conventional drill bits, the unique 3-sided shank prevents slip in drill chuck and reduces shocks; oiling the bits recommended before every use to maximize the service life.
- Jam-Free Performance ----- Dual-flute design and three-sided shank design is optimized for cordless drills in high speed provides greater speed and control while minimizing steel scurf flying around, to lengthen service life, please do not set drilling speed at its maximum to avoid damage to the cutting edge.
- One Bit for All ----- Every bit comes with 10 sizes so you can drill up to 10 holes with different diameters, saving you time and efforts to change bits, every package comes with 5 bits, that makes it 50 diameters in total.
- Universal Compatibility ----- Designed for drilling on steel sheets up to 0.08 in., acrylic, PVC and wooden boards up to 0.2 in.; marked with obvious marks for easy and precise hole drilling, compatible with drills 1/4”,3/8”,1/2”
- [M2 HSS]: Cuts A LOT MORE CLEAN holes and much EASIER than average step bits. In general, M2 has 50% more Tungsten and 150% more Molybdenum, both of which are key elements in improving durability. Our additional Vacuum heat treatment and Nitride surface hardening treatment make the performance even better.
- [Non-stop]: Our Polished Steps and Size Highlights let you able to see target hole size during drilling. No need to stop in the middle of the drilling and check. Save you time and hassle.
- [Easy & Fast]: With our high-accuracy CNC processing and optimized spiral design over the years, our spiral flutes design cuts EASY, FAST and CLEAN, outperforming the average ones on the market. Compared to the Straight flutes, the Spiral flutes guide the debris out faster by its nature, making the drilling smoother and creating fewer burrs for the holes. Once you've tried our spiral design, there's no way back to the straight design.
- [Heavy duty]: Cuts holes on Stainless steel, Hardened Metal, Mild steel, Galvanized steel, Aluminum, Copper, Plastic, Wood, or anything that has similar or lower hardness as these materials. Up to 12ga /2.7mm thickness for Stainless steel.
- [Multi Hole Sizes]: No need to buy a kit. This one step bit comes with 12 sizes so you can drill 12 different hole sizes, saving you time and effort to change bits. Marked sizes include: 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 13/16", 7/8".
- M35 COBALT HSS STEP DRILL - Prefect for Stainless Steel/Metal Sheet/Wood/Plastic/Aluminum Sheet/Copper and other metal sheets.
- TiAlN COATING- With 89HRC surface hardness, harder materials can be cut and higher cutting speeds can be achieved.
- FOUR SPIRAL FLUTE - Four cutting blades design guarantees a faster and smoother cutting. Feels like a hot knife through butter!
- 3/8" SHANK - Eliminate slipping
- DIMENSION - Includes from 7/8" to 1-3/8". Popular Size 7/8“, 1-1/8", 1-3/8" labeled
- Sizes: 1/16 in., 5/64 in., 3/32 in., 7/64 in., 1/8 in., 9/64 in., 5/32 in., 11/64 in., 3/16 in., 13/64 in., 7/32 in., 15/64 in., 1/4 in., 17/64 in., 9/32 in., 19/64 in., 5/16 in., 21/64 in., 11/32 in., 23/64 in., 3/8 in., 25/64 in., 13/32 in., 27/64 in., 7/16 in., 29/64 in., 15/32 in., 31/64 in., 1/2 in.
- Enlarge existing holes
- Drill through sheet metal, hard steel, acrylics and brass
- Self-centering; 3-flats on shank
- Twice the life of a standard drill bit
- Premium M35 6% Cobalt Steel ,66-69 HRC (Rockwell Hardness Scale) ,Usually Give the Best Heat,Wear and Chip Resistance and Long Tool Life.
- Grinding the Cutting Edge Three Times,with the High HRC and Heat Resistance of the Material,Desigh for Cutting through Stainless steel , Iron plate, Aluminum,Ducts,Wood,PVC and Plastic.
- This Cobalt Step Drill Bit is Typically Capable of Running Two to Three Times Faster.Despite the Higher Price,the Cost Per Hole When Using Cobalt Drill Bit Will be the Lowest,Since It Can Produce So Many More Holes.
- [4-32mm] 15 Steps (4mm,6mm,8mm,10mm,12mm,14mm,16mm,18mm,20mm,22mm,24mm,26mm,28mm,30mm,32mm)
- PREMIUM STEP BIT: Each unibit is constructed of industrial high-speed steel with a titanium nitride coating for durability and strength to punch and drill clean holes in materials like plastic, aluminum, wood, copper, stainless steel, and other types of sheet metal.
- STEP DRILL BIT FOR METAL: With a split point tip that accelerates cutting speed while preventing angled walking away from center line of bore, drilling holes in metal is fast, efficient, and clean.
- SPIRAL DESIGN: The two-flute spiral grooved design deburrs chip, dust and debris for clearance and smooth cutting. With 31 step sizes, each hole made with these step bits will be precise.
- QUICK-CHANGE: The 1/4-inch hex shank makes for easy, convenient, and quick stepper bit switches and is compatible with impact ready power tools.
- INCLUDES: Each bit set comes with 3 drill bits of a combined 31 sizes to add to your drilling arsenal: 13 step drill (1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 13/32, 7/16, 15/32, 1/2-inch) 6 step drill (3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2-inch) and 12 step drill (3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8-inch).
- Single-flute cutting edges for greater control through steps
- 3-flatted shanks prevents slipping in drill chuck
- Non-skid self-starting tips eliminate skidding and the need for center punching
- Sizes clearly laser-etched to make precise drilling easy
- Set includes HSS #1, 2, 4, and 21 size step drills
- HIGH-QUALITY DRILL BIT: Our Titanium Drill Bit is made with #4241 high-speed alloy steel and has a titanium nitride coating for extra durability. The 2-flute design makes this bit a fast and long-lasting metal cutting tool.
- VERSATILE DRILL BIT: This multifunctional spiral drill bit fits securely in most pistol drills, drill presses, and other hand power tools. Use this versatile small cone-shaped drill bit for metal and wood projects at work or home.
- DRILL BIT FOR HARDENED STEEL: Use this steel drill bit for drilling steel, wood, and other thick metal. It has a 135-degree split-point tip and features a 2-fluted spiral design that automatically deburrs and expands holes for a cleaner drilling process.
- MULTISIZE DRILL BIT: This hole drill bit has 10 different sizes engraved on the bit itself for easy readability. It can drill holes in the following sizes: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8".
- HEAVY-DUTY DRILL BIT: Our multifunction drill bit is created to work with any project, large or small. You can use it to drill new holes or enlarge existing ones without having to change drill bits. Get your work done with confidence and speed!
- Cobalt Alloy Steel high speed steel for extended cutting edge life makes it ideal for drilling stainless steel
- Drills 12 different hole sizes, from 3/16" to 7/8" by 16ths
- SpeedPoint tip prevents "walking," gets fast starts, and eliminates the need for pilot/starting hole
- Single-flute cutting edge drills true round holes with smooth, clean finish
- Easily drills on iron sheets, stainless steel sheets, steel sheets as well as aluminum sheets.Revolutionary spiral flute design to minimize the flying metal ashes, making the drilling process as well as the hole significantly smoother.
- You can use water to cooling it when it is work and it can be used for even longer.Universal Compatibility ----- Designed for drilling on steel sheets up to 0.08 in., acrylic, PVC and wooden boards up to 0.2 in.; marked with obvious marks for easy and precise hole drilling, compatible with drills
- Solid M35 molybdenum high speed construction with cobalt added for extra durability, close to impossible to snap compared conventional drill bits, the unique 3-sided shank prevents slip in drill chuck and reduces shocks; oiling the bits recommended before every use to maximize the service life.
- Suit for use in hardness under 28 artifacts,(Such as: Stainless steel , iron plate, aluminum, wood )No need of center punch.Compared with the ordinary twist drill,it is not easy to break and it can be used for deburring, chamfering and open hole on Wood metal plastic。
- Material: M35(HSS-Co).Size :4-32mm,6-24mm,4-22mm,3-12mm,4-12mm
Buying Best step bit for stainless steel: Factors to Consider!
We composed this buying guide, including several factors that are crucial to choosing the right step bit for stainless steel for your needs. Though all the elements might not have the same importance, you should consider them all before making the buying decision.
Every new model coming out these days tend to have a stunning design in terms of shape, color, etc. This is an important physical property of the product, and you must consider its design to make the step bit for stainless steel fit your dreams.
Check whether the minimalist design of the product goes with your taste. You can also visualize how the product will look when placed in your house or office. The color of the step bit for stainless steel should match your existing interior setup to bring a seamless look.
Features and Performance
Those intriguing features organized in bullet points should not be the main reason you buy the step bit for stainless steel. Instead, you should have a clear understanding of what features are there and how they improve the performance of the product.
You should have a smooth user experience with the step bit for stainless steel, regardless of its quantity of features. And all features should make sense when it comes to your needs.
Many consumers ignore this factor completely when choosing a good step bit for stainless steel. The price of the model should be affordable in the first place. And there should be no hidden cost for setting up the step bit for stainless steel or buying additional components. Only then will it be a good value for money product.
You can calculate the average cost-to-performance ratio of the top products in the market. It will give you a clear idea of which step bit for stainless steel is the most beneficial for you. And try to make sure the best step bit for stainless steel has all the features you need.
Maintenance and Durability
Regardless of the brand or material, the step bit for stainless steel will require a decent amount of maintenance down the road. You should have a clear idea of what care the it will need throughout its service life. This way, it becomes easier for you to prepare for upcoming maintenance.
And the step bit for stainless steel should be reasonably durable considering the price. Factors like high-quality material and decent build quality are a must when you want the best product within your budget.
After Sales Service
Getting a mid-level step bit for stainless steel from a brand that has a good reputation in after-sales service is way better than buying a high-end step bit for stainless steel from brands with poor after-sales service. It should be easy to reach the dealership or service center in case any issues arise with the product after the purchase.
The honesty of the brand regarding this factor should be emphasized.
You should not go for a highly cheap step bit for stainless steel that pretends to be durable and feature-packed. Cheap products are often baits to cut your pocket. It will be wise to choose a step bit for stainless steel with decent features in the mid-budget range so that it continues to perform well throughout the service life.
High-end options may offer great features and benefits, and there are no issues in buying one when you have no limits on your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section can be accommodating if you are still in confusion about buying step bit for stainless steel. Check the answers to some frequently asked questions about the [keyword 1].
Does the brand value affect the overall quality of step bit for stainless steel?
Of course. Considering the brand is vital to ensure the step bit for stainless steel comes with the best-in-class features. You will also get the best after-sales service from renowned brands as they emphasize on sustaining in the industry with goodwill.
Is there any instruction manual with step bit for stainless steel?
The step bit for stainless steel should have an instruction manual containing all the care and maintenance instructions. It ensures the step bit for stainless steel is used in the right way, guided by the manufacturer. You can directly ask the manufacturer to know if there is an instruction manual with the step bit for stainless steel.
Does it take time to be familiar with step bit for stainless steel?
It should not take much time to start using. You should have a quick start guide in the packaging, which will tell how you to set up the step bit for stainless steel and start using it.
At long last, we have the definitive guide of best step bit for stainless steel. If you have read this far, then you are very close to being ready to make a purchase of the step bit for stainless steel.
In a nutshell, we are able to say that these step bit for stainless steels are a fantastic investment that offers outstanding value for the money spent. If you are still unsure about anything, you should refer to the buying guide in order to obtain the most comprehensive information possible regarding the products.