We thought of creating an informative buying guide that will not only depict the positives of the piece but also make you aware of some crucial factors. You can keep these factors in mind before choosing a garden spade to ensure a worthy purchase.
This guide will be a good resource if you find answers to some additional questions. Go through the buying guide and check the answers to have an overall idea of how the garden spade should be and what you should consider. Without any further due, let’s begin with the buying guide.
Top 15 Best garden spade Picks
- Ideal for digging when planting, taking up plants, turning up earth and more
- Ergonomically designed handle reduces hand and wrist fatigue while weeding
- Cuts through tough turf cleanly
- Polished aluminum head resists rust for lasting value
- Designed for edging, cutting a trench, slicing through thick turf or digging; Great addition for everyday gardeners, yard cleanup, landscapers and work sites
- Welded 14-gauge hardened steel blade and 18-gauge steel shaft provide durability that far outlasts wood-handled tools and will not flex like fiberglass
- Extra-large D-handle and foot platform design offers secure two-handed control when digging and helps maximize force when driving the blade into soil
- Sharpened blade makes gardening easier; Penetrate tough soil or break up hardened dirt clods
- Overall length: 46 inches, weight: 4.81 ounces; Included lifetime warranty
- Heavy Duty Carbon Steel is bend proof and break proof for confident digging in heavy clay or rocky soils
- Depth markers for easy measurement for more consistent planting or transplanting
- ErgoGrip with ergonomic rubber grip handle for comfortable use and better leverage in heavy / rocky soils
- Rust proof, Bend Proof and Break proof indestructible design
- Lifetime Warranty - If for any reason this garden hand shovel doesn’t hold up the way you expect we will replace it for the lifetime of the tool
- Most heavy duty garden hand trowel tool on the market
- One piece stainless steel is bend proof making it the best hand shovel for working rocky or heavy clay soils
- Oversize trowel head makes for quicker work as soil can be moved in greater volume
- Ergonomic rubber grip with contoured finger grips and palm rest
- Lifetime warranty - Find a way to bend this garden hand shovel and we will replace it no questions asked
- Perfect Gardening Tool For Variety Of Gardening Works
- One Piece Stainless Steel Is Bend Proof Making It The Best Hand Shovel For Working Rocky Or Heavy Clay Soils
- Ergonomic Comfort Grips
- High Hardness, Durable, Easily Dig In Hard Soil, Crush Hard Soil And etc.
- Designed For Professional Grade Applications
- 👍【STAINLESS STEEL MATERIAL:】This garden trowel is made of high quality polished stainless steel,which is easy to clean and high strength,durable and always great-looking.
- 👍【NON SLIP HANDLE:】The rubber handle of the hand trowel is ergonomically designed to reduce wrist and hand stress. Small garden spade handle had slight sticky feeling,provides excellent comfort of use.
- 👍【GARDEN HELPER:】Stainless steel shovel with mirror polished finish makes for less friction and easier use,Perfect for digging, weeding, loosening soil, transplanting and more in the garden.
- 👍【HANGING HOLE DESIGN:】There is a hanging hole at the end of the hand shovel handle, which can be worn through hook and hung at a high place for easy storage.
- 💯【QUALITY AFTER-SALE SERVICE:】If you are experiencing quality issues or any problems, please come to us. 100% Money Back if you are not satisfied with the Tools.
- REDUCES DIGGING EFFORT: The first hybrid shovel/spade guaranteed to significantly reduce digging effort in toughest soil conditions.
- "BEST of the BEST": Spear Head Spades were AWARDED "BEST of the BEST" in garden shovels in 2018, 2019, and 2020 by independent test lab BESTREVIEWS!
- MULTI-PURPOSE SHOVEL: Shovel can be used for all landscaping, gardening, and digging tasks, but are especially suited for clay, rocky, and compacted soils.
- STRONG SHOVEL HANDLE: Special steel reinforced pultruded fiberglass handle is 60% stronger than EN-3388 shovel/spade standards.
- COMFORTABLE D-HANDLE: The large soft cushioned D-grip offers comfort and better leverage for gloved and ungloved hands alike.
- 【Functional Garden Tools】-Gardening tool sets perfect for a variety of tasks including digging, weeding, loosening soil, aerating, transplanting, pruning, etc. Great helper for gardeners.
- 【Ergonomic Handles】-Comfortable soft-grip non-slip handle reduces hand and arm fatigue while working, perfect for long sessions in the garden.
- 【Quality Heads】-Sharp heads and tips are made of solid polished aluminum, which are shiny, rust-proof, extremely sturdy, durable and easy to clean.
- 【Practical Gloves】-A pair of gloves is served considerately so you will do gardening work decently with dust getting away from you.
- 【Detailed Design】-Each tool has a round hole at the top, so it's convenient for hanging and storage.
- 2 Pack of Fiskars FiberComp 11" Trowel
- Ideal for digging into tough soil and breaking up hardened dirt clods
- Oversized head displaces more soil to speed work
- One-piece design won't loosen, bend at the neck or break while digging
- FiberComp design is lightweight for easy handling yet stronger than steel for lasting value. Mfgr Lifetime warranty
- 🌷Garden Tool Sets🌷 Including hand trowel, transplant trowel and cultivator hand rake, made of polished high quality aluminum alloy.Ideal for a variety of tasks including pruning, digging, weeding, loosening soil, aerating, transplanting, etc.（It is recommended to use a large equipment to loosen the hard and cracked soil, so as not to cause the fracture of the shovel）
- 🌷Ergonomically Design🌷 Handle is made of high quality TPR rubber, which is comfortable and non-slip, the ergonomic rubber grip with contoured finger grips and palm rest, reduce hand and wrist fatigue while weeding, and features a hang hole for convenient storage.
- 🌷Hand Trowel🌷 Large head displaces more soil to speed work, but the shovel tip is smooth without sharp burr or corner, don’t worry about getting hurt. Ideal for excavation work, such as planting, transplanting, tilling the soil, etc.
- 🌷Transplant Trowel🌷 With two standard units of scale(Inches and centimeters), easy to read and don’t be worn, ideal for removing dirt and measuring when you want to get right depth with the plant, or transplanting small plants and flowers.
- 🌷Cultivator Hand Rake🌷 The claw body’s thickness is 7 mm with more sturdy structure, so it is hard to break, ideal for decomposing soil for ventilation, cleaning up waste, removing weeds or mixing soil with fertilizer.
- DIMENSIONS: 43 inches L x 5.75 inches W x 3 inches D and weighs 4 lbs
- DURABLE: Heavy duty head construction of 1050MN carbon steel makes shovel extremely tough and durable
- RELIABLE: Features the new, no-slip, H-Grip on the ergonomic handle that turns tacky when wet to ensure a secure grip in all conditions
- INNOVATIVE: Custom blade serration is ideal for cutting roots and making smoother cuts into harder ground when readying food plots, while doing yardwork or gardening
- EASE OF USE: Oversized flanges on both sides of the blade creates a 2 ½ inches L x 2 ¼ inches W big-step for added leverage
- 11" overall length
- Ideal for digging small, deep holes, digging up bulbs and other planting needs
- Welded 14-gauge steel blade and 18-gauge steel shaft provide durability that far outlasts wood-handled tools and won’t flex like fiberglass
- Extra-large D-handle design offers secure two-handed control when digging, even while wearing gloves
- Teardrop-shaped shaft profile fits the natural shape and motion of your hand for exceptional comfort and control
- Lifetime warranty
- Size: The garden trowel tool size is 30cm/11.8inchx7.5cm/3inch. Bright yellow color always easy to spot in garden. The hanging hole design is for convenient storage
- Material: Our garden trowel tool is made of aluminium alloy, durable and sturdy, not easy to break or deform, rust-resistant, The handle is non-slip, Cuts through tough turf cleanly
- Ergonomic design: Large ergonomic handle with rubber palm rest and contoured finger grips reduce hand and wrist fatigue. Ideal solution for gardeners who have difficulty holding tools with small or narrow handles.
- Widely Used: The garden trowel is ideal for easy digging into tough soil, breaking up hardened dirt clods, planting, transplanting, removing stubborn weeds, mixing soil
- Perfect gift: This indoor and outdoor garden tool is the perfect gift for men or women gardeners, they always want to lend a helping hand in the garden
- DIMENSIONS: 42 Inch (total length), 5.5 Inch (head width), 9.3 Inch (head height). Weight: 4.3 lbs
- MATERIAS: The garden spade whole metal part is made of polished stainless steel, durable and sharp enough to cut the ground. With smooth edge, bright and clean surface is easy to clean and they're plastic-coated steel handles, among one of the lightest and strongest flat spade shovel on the market.
- Multi-purpose: Great for edging, planting, digging, cutting a trench, slicing through thick turf, planting small shrubs, transplanting and dividing perennials. A square garden spade perfect for gardening, camping, off-road or beach use.
- DESIGN: The digging spade has an ergonomic handle with finger contours design, allowing users to comfortably hold and control, making the process of digging or edging over hard ground convenient. The D-handle keeps your wrist in a neutral position to reduce strain and provides a secure grip. The non-slip D-handle provides comfort and good grip, and gives enough room to accommodate a gloved hand.
- GUARANTEE: WORTH GARDEN offers an UNBEATABLE consumer-friendly 3-year GUARANTEE on all our Gardening products. Call or email anytime for support. Our team is here to help!
Buying Guide For the Best garden spade
Now that you have familiarised yourself with all the products listed above, it's normal to have doubts and not have a clear winner immediately. In this segment, we will help you with picking the best garden spade for you. We will discuss the most important factors you need to account for before choosing one.
In our opinion, the most important factor is the cost. garden spade comes in different price points. These differences can be attributed to building quality, raw materials, production style, tax, and so forth. Moreover, each price point will offer a different experience and quality.
However, there is no saying that the more the price the better the garden spade. Even then, you must decide how much you are willing to spend. To figure that out, consider what you will be using the product for, how long you plan to use them, etc.
You can opt to spend a bit more to get a better garden spade or for the brand value. Branded garden spades usually last longer.
Warranties are an overlooked quality of a garden spade. The warranty period varies for different products and depends on the manufacturer itself. Some brands give a replacement warranty while others will only solve your problem.
It's important to know what brands give what amount of warranty. If it comes down to two equal garden spades with the only difference being the warranty, go with the one that offers the better warranty. It's an added security and represents the trust of the manufacturers in their products.
Our economy thrives on competition in businesses. Even garden spades of different price points have competition from different brands. However, a similar garden spade made by two brands will differ in longevity, warranty, customer service, and brand value.
A well-established brand with years of service will have dedicated fans and loyal customers. And to maintain their reputation they make sure the garden spade last longer, is less faulty and has responsive customer service.
It will almost always be wiser to go with a garden spade from a well-known brand than an unknown brand. So, consider the different brands
If you have considered all the factors above, then it's time to consider the customer reviews as well. We understand that customer reviews might not be the most trustable. That's why, we recommend only looking through verified customer reviews, asking friends, and relatives who have used the product, and being judgmental.
It's important to get people’s thoughts on your desired product before purchasing them. They reveal the different faults, pros, and cons you could potentially face. Even if you are shopping offline, we recommend looking through the customer reviews before purchasing it.
A product might seem very good in person and online, however, in reality, it could be very bad and you can know that from different perspectives offered by different people.
FAQs about Buying a garden spade
After going through so much information at once, we expect you to have a few questions and queries. Don't worry though, we got you covered! In this segment, we will try to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about garden spade.
Does the material of garden spade matter?
Yes. It does matter. The materials play a big role in determining the quality, how long they will last, and so forth. We recommend spending an extra few bucks to get a garden spade of good material.
Should I buy garden spade in person or online?
It's entirely up to you. There are advantages to both sides. If you decide to get it online, you can get lots of coupons, offers, and bundles. Moreover, if you get them from a store, you can see them in person, decide if you like them or not, and then buy them.
How important are return policies?
Different brands offer different sets of return policies for garden spade. Some don't even offer one. While right now you might thank yourself you won't need to return your garden spade, who knows? It's better to choose a brand that has a good return policy.
At long last, we have the definitive guide of best garden spade. If you have read this far, then you are very close to being ready to make a purchase of the garden spade.
In a nutshell, we are able to say that these garden spades are a fantastic investment that offers outstanding value for the money spent. If you are still unsure about anything, you should refer to the buying guide in order to obtain the most comprehensive information possible regarding the products.